SO, now that the upper body is well on it's way, we needed to get started on the underbody. I would venture a guess that we spent more time discussing and anguishing over this than we did the top. These pics show what we finally agreed on.
It started much like the topside,,,, another very heavy platform, this time with a better wheel design,,, don't ask. Then lots of wood and foam, by now Adam's foam skills had progressed to where the roughing in went quickly. But more learning was on the horizon.
The splitter, front undertray, was done on it's own platform as the two pieces overlap in their final configuration.
The beginning of the floor,,,,
Rear view of the floor
Very high tech, what with all the wood
Checking to see if the chassis fits where it should
Bodywork sitting in place
Tunnels filled with foam and rough shaped
Yeah, well, we had to put the carbon wing on it for the pic
And we had to plop Adam in it for a couple pics
He's trying to look serious
He's actually delirious from sanding
The beginnings of the splitter
View of the car with the side molds laying around it